Monday, November 2, 2009

Score! Made it to 100! (not that I was worried)

It didn't really seem like too tall an order.  At least 100 US bank failures in 2009.

I was a little nervous once the FDIC publicly said it was broke and was forcing mergers... I mean, I'd still have been right - but they wouldn't have technically 'failed'; just 'merged' with a somewhat-less-broken bank.

Well, with the passing of last Friday, all is as it should be.  Carry on dear reader.  (Assuming you've pulled out the emergency cash-money I suggested doing earlier... if not, this is a fine time to do so.

...as a bonus, be watching Zion (you should consider shorting it if you're into that kind of thing, or if you're like me and would rather have defined risk, ponder buying long dated puts).  It's fallen, but much like a handful of publicly traded homebuilders, or Met Life, even at 'bargain' prices it's over priced (also some good puts to look at).  Ok, sorry for that aside, but free money isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

In other news, the weather is fantastic, and I am getting only some of what I was trying to get done today done.  Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment